December in Las Vegas typically slows as entertainers take a break from their shows and celebrities fly home to be with family. But that doesn’t seem to be the case this year as The Entertainment Capital of the World is just as busy as always with new residencies, holiday concerts and shows and New Years Eve festivities you don’t want to miss.
– The “Queen of Country Music” has returned to the stage with an incredible new residency “Still the One” at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
. Shania proves why she’s been awarded the best-selling female country singer ever as she performs her biggest hits including “From This Moment On,” “Man I Feel Like A Woman,” “That Don’t Impress Me Much,” “Still the One” and many more. Plus, the new residency is filled with theatrics and touches you’ll only experience in Vegas so don’t miss it! Shania Twain will be at Caesars Palace Dec. 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14 and 15.
– Nothing says Christmas like holiday music and this December you can hear your favorite holiday songs trumped up with the biggest selling Christmas artist of all time, Mannheim Steamroller. The holiday production, “Mannheim Steamroller Christmas – Vegas by Chip Davis” comes to the Palazzo
for an exclusive 6-week run now through Dec. 29. This is the first production created specifically for Las Vegas and includes added choreography, aerial displays, multimedia effects and incredible holiday songs you won’t forget.
Faith and Tim
- Country music greats and adorable couple, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw begin their Soul2Soul residency at the Venetian
this month where they’ll wow audiences with such country favorites as “The Way You Love Me,” “Mississippi Girl,” “Indian Outlaw,” “Don’t Take the Girl” and so much more. Tim and Faith will serenade audiences Dec. 7, 8, 14 and 15.
– She’s back! Or at least she will be on Dec. 28 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. The Best Selling Female Artist in the World returns with her sold-out show just in time to ring in the New Year. And if you can’t think of a better way to say goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013 make sure you book your tickets now! Show dates include Dec. 28, Dec. 30, Dec. 31 and many more in January.
Rock of Ages
opens – Rock out this December with Las Vegas’ newest musical, Rock of Ages at the Venetian. The 1980’s tribute show will have you singing and dancing to the most popular songs of the decade including “Don’t Stop Believin’,” “We Built This City,” “The Final Countdown,” “Here I Go Again” and so much more. So throw on your leg warmers, spray your hair and get ready travel back to the best decade ever beginning Dec. 18.
celebrates 19th anniversary – On Dec. 25, 1993 Las Vegas not only celebrated Christmas they were introduced to a high-energy spectacle of acrobatics, incredible imagery and powerful athleticism in the new Cirque du Soleil show, Mystere
. After almost 20 years of performances who knows what they’ll do to celebrate their anniversary but if it’s as extravagant and entertaining as the show you won’t want to miss it!
Christmas show – It’s a very Terry Christmas this month as ventriloquist Terry Fator turns his hilarious show into a Christmas special now until Dec. 24. Expect plenty of new material and hilarious antics from Fator’s most popular puppets. It’ll certainly lift your holiday spirits!
New Years Eve:
Goretorium hosts vampires Masquerade on New Year’s Eve – Eli Roth’s Goretorium wants you to party like it’s the end of the world during the haunted house’s End of the World Party this month. The Goretorium will celebrate the last night ever with a “final” soiree at Baby Dolls Lounge on Dec. 20.
- Hip-hop recording artist, J. Cole will help ring in the New Year at Tao in the Venetian for a night you won’t forget. Meanwhile R&B songstress Brandy will entertain revelers at Lavo in the Palazzo and ATB, Kaskade, Avicii and Benny Benassi will keep New Year’s week hopping with performances at Marquee in the Cosmopolitan
Las Vegas, NV – 12/04/12